The 38-year-old was spotted having her hair done in Perth, western Australia. The mother-of-three was clearly having highlights, and was seen outside the salon vaping and sipping coffee with foils in her hair during the appointment.
Ms Giuffre is suing the Duke of York for unlimited damages in her home country of the US, claiming she was trafficked by Jeffrey Epstein, Andrew’s friend, to have sex with the royal when she was 17, a minor under US law. The royal vehemently denies her claim and is demanding a jury trial later this year to fight her sexual assault case.
The decision is said to have horrified senior members of the royal family – and led to the Queen stripping him of his military titles and royal patronages so he can face the lawsuit as a ‘private citizen’.
Virginia’s hair appointment came as it was revealed an agreement for Ms Giuffre to be questioned by the duke’s lawyers, Andrew Brettler and Melissa Lerner, has now been struck and an exact date has been confirmed. It is likely to be in April, around Easter.
Andrew will also give evidence under oath on March 10 in London, in what has been described as a neutral location.
Virginia Roberts Giuffre has been spotted in public as it emerged she has agreed to be interviewed by Prince Andrew’s lawyers
The mother-of-three looked happy with her new look as she got into the car with her husband
The Duke of York’s accuser, 38, claims that she was forced to have sex with the royal three times when she 17
Ms Giuffre looked serious as she had a break during her hair appointment
Ms Giuffre stepped out of the salon with foils in her hair for a vape and a coffee during the appointment in Perth, Australia
Ms Giuffre has already won a battle against Andrew after a judge refused to throw out her case
The Duke has denied ever meeting Virginia Roberts (pictured together in 2001). His supporters have suggested this picture is not genuine
Ms Roberts (pictures middle) is suing Andrew in New York over claims she was trafficked by paedophile financier Epstein and forced to have sex with the prince on three occasions when she was 17. Andrew vehemently denies the claims
The duke’s ‘deposition’ will be conducted by Ms Giuffre’s lawyers, David Boies and Sigrid McCawley, and is reportedly expected to last two days.
Andrew is alleged to have sexually abused Ms Giuffre at Ghislaine Maxwell’s London home, during a visit to Epstein’s private island, Little St James, and on a separate occasion at the financier’s Manhattan mansion – all in the early 2000s.
Andrew has strenuously denied all allegations.
Last month, court documents revealed that US Judge Lewis A Kaplan had written letters to the Senior Master of the Queen’s Bench Division in the UK to request assistance in acquiring evidence for the civil claim filed by Ms Giuffre.
The judge asked for the royal’s former assistant, Robert Olney, to be quizzed on topics such as Andrew’s communications with Maxwell, Epstein and Ms Giuffre, and his travel to Epstein’s homes.
In a separate letter to the High Court, Judge Kaplan also requested testimony from Shukri Walker, a witness who says she saw Prince Andrew with a ‘young girl’, on questions about the alleged presence of the duke and Ms Giuffre at London’s Tramp nightclub in March 2001 and any interactions the pair had.
The civil sex assault trial in the US is scheduled to take place between September and December.
The parties will need to confirm by July 28 whether they wish to proceed to trial.
The monarch, 95, who has since returned to Windsor Castle to resume her duties, will appear alongside the Duke to attend a thanksgiving service for Prince Philip on March 29 at Westminster Abbey.
The Duke of Edinburgh – the nation’s longest-serving consort – died aged 99 on April 9, just two months before he would have turned 100.
This news comes after it emerged last weekend that the Duke of York is set to meet lawyers representing Virginia Roberts in London on March 10 – nearly three weeks before the remembrance service – where he will testify under oath according to sources close to the royal.
Ms Roberts is suing Andrew in New York over claims she was trafficked by paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein and forced to have sex with the prince on three occasions when she was 17. Andrew vehemently denies the claims.
Ms Giuffre arrived at the salon in Perth with her husband Robert
The couple were greeted by a friend at the entrance to the salon
During the appointment the Epstein victim stepped out to enjoy a coffee in the sunshine
The 38-year-old also relaxed by vaping and having a hot drink
Ms Giuffre will give evidence in April ahead of a proposed trial Andrew says he welcomes in the Autumn
She walked back into the salon from the car park via a side gate
She stepped out with newly cut and highlighted hair carrying a bag with hair products
Virginia was picked up by Mr Giuffre in is pick-up truck
Virginia has said she is pursuing Andrew for unlimited damages, with experts saying he may need to find £10m to settle
Ms Roberts says she was trafficked around the globe by Epstein, who abused her and other young girls
Prince Andrew (right) is set to appear alongside the Queen (left) to attend a remembrance service for Prince Philip next month – as she begins her Platinum Jubilee year with an even busier diary
The monarch, 95, who has since returned to Windsor Castle to resume her duties, is hoping to attend the thanksgiving service for the late Duke of Edinburgh (pictured) on March 29 at Westminster Abbey
Pictured: The Queen leaving Wood Farm in Sandringham, Norfolk, to board a helicopter to take Her Majesty back to Windsor on Monday morning
‘We agreed to voluntarily produce the Duke for a deposition on March 10. Despite repeated requests, Ms. Giuffre (Roberts) still hasn’t committed to a date or location for her deposition,’ a source close to the Duke said on Saturday.
The Prince is being prepared by his UK-based legal team as he prepares to face a grilling over the span of two days by David Boies, 80, one of America’s most renowned attorneys, and Sigrid McCawley.
Andrew, who was stripped of all his military titles and royal peerages last month after the case was confirmed as going to trial, will be questioned about three alleged assaults in 2001.
It has not been confirmed whether Prince Harry will be in attendance to join other members of the Royal Family at the remembrance ceremony for Prince Philip, according to The Sun Online.
Meanwhile, the Queen was pictured with her papers of state on a table in front of her and an image of her father King George VI poignantly nearby as she celebrated her 70-year reign on Sunday.
And there are no signs she will be taking a step back from public engagements this year.
Palace officials are expected to announce a number of public outings for the Queen in the coming days, including a raft of ‘hardy annuals’ such as the annual Commonwealth Day Service in March, signalling her slow return back to work.
The Queen is hoping to attend the thanksgiving service for the Duke of Edinburgh on March 29 alongside a diplomatic reception at Windsor on March 2.
It has not been confirmed whether Prince Harry (left) will be in attendance to join other members of the Royal Family. Pictured right: Meghan, Duchess of Sussex
She will also appear at The Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey on March 14 – there are only three engagements that have been announced by palace officials so far.
They will no doubt come as a welcome relief to her millions of subjects who have been concerned by her spate of ill-health since last autumn.
Sources are at pains to stress that Her Majesty will continue to ‘realistically pace herself’ in the run up to the main jubilee celebrations in June in view of her age – she will celebrate her 96th birthday in April.
‘It is about pacing her diary and ensuring there is flexibility. People are very mindful of the fact that at the age of 95, some days you wake up with aches and pains that you didn’t have the day before,’ a source said.
The Queen will also play a large part in engagements around her four-day Platinum Jubilee celebrations in June.
The Queen cuts a cake to celebrate the start of the Platinum Jubilee during a reception in the Ballroom of Sandringham House on Saturday
Pictured: King George VI and his wife Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, the Queen Mother (right) pose with their daughter, then Princess Elizabeth, as they celebrate her 18th birthday at Windsor Castle in 1944
Aides are understood to be delighted with the Queen’s energetic appearance at a reception at Sandringham this weekend – providing confidence she can continue with outings this year.
It is understood aides intend for the monarch to begin travelling for engagements next month ahead of her 96th birthday.
It follows a day of celebrations for the Queen, who was photographed working from her red boxes as she passed the historic milestone of 70 years on the throne.
Seventy years ago on February 6 the king died and his daughter, aged just 25, became Queen of a nation still recovering from the upheavals of the Second World War.
In a message released to mark her Platinum Jubilee the Queen said: ‘It is a day that, even after 70 years, I still remember as much for the death of my father, King George VI, as for the start of my reign.
‘As we mark this anniversary, it gives me pleasure to renew to you the pledge I gave in 1947 that my life will always be devoted to your service.’