What we can expect from the next season of Pokmon Go.
The Season of Heritage is the fifth game-wide season in Pokémon Go, bringing with it a number of mysteries over the course of three months.
As well as introducing monthly seasonal challenges and bonuses, it appears to tie directly into an upcoming game in the series – Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
Elsewhere, you can also expect to find different Pokémon spawning in the wild depending on which hemisphere you live in, as well as new creatures in Eggs and Raids.
On this page:
What do we know about the Season of Heritage in Pokémon Go?
Seasons are themed in-game periods which bring new updates and events to Pokémon Go and the Season of Heritage is the fifth to occur.
After the events of Season of Mischief, Professor Willow has become interested in other mysterious powers after witnessing what Hoopa can do.
According to Niantic: “His research brings him to a historical cave site, where he stumbles upon a large door bearing a set of strange unlocking mechanisms. How does it open? What lies beyond? Your research this Season will see you collaborating with both Professor Willow and the team leaders to help uncover this historic site’s mysteries.”
All a bit vague – but we have some clues elsewhere of what to expect as for the theme. Between the logo choice, the dates overlapping with the release of Pokémon Legends: Arceus and the blurb saying “we’ll look to the past for answers that will help guide us into the future” (Arceus is a ‘prequel’) it’s entirely possible we could see an event and most likely some new Pokémon and Hisuian regional forms from Legends Arceus.
This isn’t new for Pokémon Go – we’ve seen this previously with Gen 8’s Galarian Pokémon forms with the release of Sword and Shield.
Aside from that, Season of Heritage events confirmed at launch include:
- The introduction of monthly seasonal bonuses and timed research:
- December: Blanche’s Stardust Challenge (2x Stardust for first daily catch; Deino Hat Avatar Item reward after 120,000 Stardust collected)
- January: Spark’s XP Challenge (2x XP for first daily catch; Goomy Hat Avatar Item reward after 240,000 XP collected)
- February: Candela Catch Challenge (2x XP egg hatch, increased XL Candy from Eggs; Noibat Hat Avatar Item reward after 600 Pokémon caught)
- Swinub Incense Day on December 5th
- A Tour: Johto event – similar to the Tour: Kanto event last year – between February 26th and 27th, 2022
- Different Pokémon appearing specifically in the north or southern hemisphere (see next section)
- Changes to the egg pool (see next section)
- Different Mega Pokémon in Mega Raids – starting with Mega Steelix from December 1st to December 23rd, then Mega Abomasnow from December 23rd to January 7th, 2022
- Certain legendary Pokémon returning to five-star raids – starting with Reshiram and Zekrom between December 1st and 16th, then Kyurem from December 16th to December 31st
Season of Heritage Hemisphere Pokémon, seasonal and biome spawn changes
As in previous Seasons, the Season of Heritage marks a change to which Pokémon appearing specifically in the north or southern hemisphere, as well as different biomes:
Winter Form Deerling
Summer Form Deerling
Meanwhile, the Egg charts will also change as follows:
|5km Adventure Sync||Cranidos,
|10km Adventure Sync||Dratini,
Pokémon Go Season of Heritage end date When will the Season of Heritage begin?
The Season of Hertiage runs between Wednesday, 1st December at 10am (local time) and Tuesday, 1st March at 10am (local time).
Season 10 of the Go Battle League also shares the above dates, with various special leagues and cups running throughout this time period.
What are Seasons in Pokémon Go?
Introduced in December 2020, Seasons are in-game periods – three months in length – which tie together various events to a theme and add a number of new features and quality of life changes.
- Changes to how Pokémon spawn season-to-season, which may see some creatures appearing more regularly or become rarer in the wild for limited periods of time
- Changes to egg pools and raids
- Northern and southern hemisphere-specific spawning, coinciding with the real world seasons themselves
- Highlight specific Mega Evolutions, giving them a power boost throughout the season
- Changes to Deerling forms
- A new Go Battle League season, which will be the same length as these seasons
- XP boosts for completing specific activities, such as five-star raids for examples
- Introduce other general quality of life improvements
- A range of in-game events
- New Pokémon
Hope you enjoy the Season of Heritage!